Thursday, January 13, 2011

Resolutions are tough

So, the other day I posted my list of resolutions.

The first two are related.  Lose weight, and go to the gym.  Obviously, going to the gym is intended to help with the whole losing weight thing.  Well, I've met my goal (so far) of going to the gym 5 times a week.  And, obviously, I REALLY need to get into the gym.  Oh, and count calories too.

In workout clothes, I tipped the scales at 199.2 last night.  This morning, my waking weight was 192.0, just me in all my glory.  Long way to go to get down to 165.  Now, those are on two different scales, and I usually just track my weight on my home scale.  That takes any scale differences out of the mix.

The frustrating thing for me is that my weight has trended up since the holidays ended.  I did good maintaining at around 188 over Thanksgiving and Christmas, when I wasn't working out.  Now, I'm working out again, and my weight's gone up.  I think I've started shoving more food into my cake hole as I've become more active.

Hence the counting of calories.

Based on the calculator over at LiveStrong, I need ~1880 calories a day with a target weight loss of 1 pound a week.  I HATE counting calories.  Sometimes because it's depressing, other times because it's just difficult to do.  How in the world do I know how many calories are in the taco soup I'm going to have for lunch today?  It has hamburger meat, corn, at least two types of beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, etc.  Sure, I can plug the recipe into a calculator and estimate serving sizes.  And that's what I need to do.  But man, some days I wish there was a magic little machine I could put my food in, and it would just go *bleep* *bip* *boop* and spit out the nutritional analysis.

Oh well.  Since that doesn't exist (at least not that I know of), I guess I get to do it the hard way.  And I need to do it, otherwise counting calories doesn't do me a lick of good.  And, as I've always heard, if something's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Oh, and if you just have a morbid fascination with stalking me, you can always check out my LiveStrong profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment