Friday, December 2, 2011

And this little pig went Wii Wii Wii all the way home

It's a gaming console, with a fairly simplistic interface. The characters are all cartoonish. It's obviously targeted at kids by and large.

Given all of that, why in the world am I so sore today?!?!?

As part of my on again/off again attempts to drop weight and get healthy, I've started working out on our Wii again. Several years ago, we got the Wii Fit game along with the balance board. For the last two days, I've spent at least 30 minutes each evening doing step aerobics, shadow boxing, hula hoop, and other activities.

This morning? My biceps are sore, my deltoids and shoulders are sore, and my hips are sore.

Everything I did was non-contact. I didn't even do any of the so-called strength exercises. All I did was aerobics and balance games. I guess I'm being a little too exuberant with the shadow boxing or something.

But, ya know what? I'll take a little soreness in my muscles. According to the scale, I've already dropped 4 pounds in two days. I'm sure a lot of that is just fluctuation in water retention, but the scale is moving in the right direction again.

Now all I have to do is keep up my motivation, and keep working out even when I don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment