Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My how time flies

About a year ago, I posted that I was betraying my new home state.

According to a quit meter that I am using, it has been one year, two days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 7 seconds since I smoked my last cigarette.  Based on an average of 1 pack (20 cigarettes) a day, I have not smoked 7346 cigarettes in that time, saving $1,469.39 (based on a price of $4 a pack).  Also, according to its calculations, I have saved 3 weeks, 4 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes of my life.


At the same time, I committed to getting to the gym regularly and trying to get into better shape, generally speaking.  I haven't been as successful there.  I'm still hovering around 190 pounds, and my target weight is 170.  Sure I could make excuses, but those don't ever do any good, do they?

So, goal for the next year?  Drop 20 to 25 pounds.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment