Thursday, June 28, 2012

Symphony for typewriter

I love this video



So many times, orchestra and chamber music are treated as such serious things. To be a patron of the arts, you have to be wealthy. Everybody is in evening gowns for the women and tuxedos and white ties for the men. This shows a much lighter side to it all.

I'm not sure which I like better, the pure joie de vivre shown by the typist, the smiles and reactions by the other orchestra members, or the thunderous applause by the audience at the end.

I think this one would warm the cockles of even Borepatch's heart :-D

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that was great, thanks.

    I wonder what it was about the double-bell at 2:40 or so that caused the audience (and me) to laugh. Why was that funny? It was, but I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete