Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How long is a day?

It's been 8 months.  8 months and a few spare days.

June 5th of 2010 was the last day I smoked a cigarette.

8 months and 3 days.

The physical addiction is by far long gone.  My body no longer needs nicotine.

Apparently, my brain and my body are like the Democrats and the Republicans.  They don't really talk to each other.  And when they do, it's in overblown hyperbole.  To listen to my brain, I have not yet quit smoking.  Despite the fact that I haven't had any nicotine in 8 months, my brain here in the last week or so has tried telling my body that ZOMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! YOU MUST HAVE NICOTINE NOW!!!!!!

Needless to say, this has made for a stressful moment or two.  The good news is, brawn has held out over brains, for now.  I'm thinking it might be time to invest in more chewing gum.

Quitting smoking sucks.

The alternative sucks worse.

I need to do pushups or something.

1 comment: