Monday, April 23, 2012

It's all about learning your body

My weight loss saga continues. I finally broke the 180 pound barrier last week, making it all the way down to 179.0. However, over the weekend I promptly shot back up to 181.2 as of this morning.

Yes, I did have a few cheat meals, but I don't think that's what caused the big uptick, believe it or not. Instead, my activity level was lower (I only went walking once, and that just for a mile, and I did not mow the law as planned) and I did not drink near as much water as I usually do.

Those two things right there seem to be the key for me. If I'm not getting my exercise and I'm not drinking enough fluids, my weight tends to pop back up. If I do those things, even eating a bit more than usual doesn't seem to effect my weight as much as I would have thought.

I actually find it easier to keep my fluid intake up at the office than I do at home, for some reason. I keep a big cup at my desk, and just keep refilling it. For whatever reason, I'm not as good about that at home. It's definitely something I need to work on.

But, I'm making progress, and I've dropped 3" or so on my waist and ~25 pounds since February 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment