Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sponsor a Rider - Ride 2 Recovery

Ride 2 Recovery is an organization that works with wounded soldiers. Their stated mission is "[t]o improve the health and wellness of injured veterans by providing a life changing experience that can impact their lives forever."

A family friend back in Texas sends in this request for sponsorships:

Dear Patriot,
I am writing you to ask for your support. I have committed to complete the 350 mile bicycle ride “Ride2Recovery –Texas Challenge” from San Antonio to Arlington Texas in support of the Soldiers who have been injured while serving the country we all love so much.
Since its inception, Ride2Recovery has helped thousands of veterans in their healing process, in turn, these veterans have ridden thousands of miles in their effort to recover from severe physical wounds.
Although I was not physically injured from my 15 month deployment to Iraq, I will be riding with hundreds of Wounded Warriors to include my close friend and Purple Heart recipient Staff Sgt. Kenny Griffith. Kenny was shot 3 times with an AK-47, has undergone 13 surgeries and this will be his third Texas Challenge in as many years. In addition to riding with Kenny, I will also be riding in the memory of Staff Sgt. Shawn McNabb who was killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan while serving as a flight medic.
These two great Americans have more in common than their Sacrifice, Valor, and Courage Under Fire. I recruited boththese young men right out of high school at a time when our country was already at war. Please help me honor them by supporting me in my Ride2Recovery.
All Combat Wounded Warriors participate in this six day event for free. However, able bodied Soldiers like myself need to fund raise $1,500 -$3,000 in order to participate. I need your financial support through sponsorship in order to be apart of the Ride2Recovery Texas Challenge. Your contribution of any amount will make a difference in the lives of the same men and women you have been lifting up in prayer since this war began almost a decade ago. 
Thank you and God bless.
-Mike Nasche
You can mail a check directly to us or donate online at:
https://www.ride2recovery.com/r2r-sponsor-a-rider.html
There are lots of worthy causes out there for us to support, and finances are certainly tight, but I humbly ask that you consider donating. Support Mike, or just make a general contribution to the program. Either way, it's going to a good cause and supporting those who've made quite the sacrifice in service to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment