Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Becoming less of a man

199

That's what the scale read this morning. I've been stuck between 195 and 199 for months now, and I'm getting frustrated.

I realized my activity level has decreased a bit during this period. I stopped getting off the bus early to walk several blocks, and instead rode it right up to the building. I stopped walking in the evenings, opting instead to occupy my couch while stuffing snacks in my face.

So, I have a pretty good idea as to the root causes of my stasis, and I'm once again trying to get serious about seeing the numbers on the scale decrease.

I got off the bus at the first stop this morning, and walked the ~4 blocks to the building.

Last night, I did two laps around my subdivision, which is ~1.5 miles (ran the 1st, walked the 2nd).

Weather permitting, I'm going to start walking at lunch.

I don't think I'll ever again see the 135 I weighed right out of high school, but if I could get back down to the 160 - 170 range, I'll call that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment