Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh, wait, it's Blogorado time again, isn't it?

First, it was AD back in 2009.

Then it was FarmGirl earlier this year.

I had one of those scary moments this morning on my way to the bus stop. It was still before sunrise, and pretty dark out. As I'm passing the local nursery and greenhouse, I catch something out of the corner of my eye. As I look over toward the side of a rode, a small deer (either a doe or spike) bolts across the road. Fortunately, the road was only two lanes, I wasn't going that fast, and I saw it soon enough to panic brake and avoid it. But, I will say that it definitely got my heart rate going.

But, seriously people, it is that time of year when the local fauna are becoming more active, especially around dawn and dusk. Keep your eyes open, especially on the verge where they like to feed. You might even consider slowing down a tad, and definitely increase your following distance. From what I hear, automotively collected venison isn't the tastiest in the world, and the whole car repair thing makes it rather expensive.

Oh, yeah, and if you're going to use those ultrasonic deer-repelling whistles, make sure you follow the installation instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment